I’m always told the famous line – ” you can’t make friends with salad” and my response is “salad is my best friend”! I’ve always loved having a salad with every meal. I love the fresh taste and flavour each vegetable gives to the salad. I’ve now started adding more fruits to my salad to give it an extra burst of natural sweetness.
Fruit and Veggies are best eaten in season. By this I mean in Summer berries, mangoes and summer fruits come alive in summer, so best eaten during this season, so when these fruits are in season, enjoy them – I say, try adding them to your salads. You will not only get a burst of sweet goodness but also a ton of nutrients and you will be colouring your plate like a rainbow.
- Big bunch of baby spinach
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- 4 Fresh figs
- Handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Goats cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of avocado oil or any healthy oil you like
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add your ingredients for your dressing.
- In a big bowl add your spinach, seeds and mix the dressing through.
- Top with your blueberries, figs and goats cheese. Enjoy