Hummus! how good does it taste! When we have family or friends over I love to do a dip and cheese board. Who wouldn’t love that. Dips can be quite easy to make if you know how to. The first time I made my own hummus dip, my hubby’s taste buds exploded with the amount of garlic I added haha. I love garlic and wanted to give it that extra burst of flavour but quickly learnt, less is best and I can add more later. Luckily the first time I made this my hubby was the taste tester, otherwise I don’t think my friends would have been back for more. I’ve now got the perfect combination and I usually make a batch on the weekend to have during the week. We love it on some crackers, or as a side dip with your main, hey why not even mix it through your salad as a dressing – YUM.
This recipe is quite easy to make and has healthy, nutritious ingredients that your body will say thank you!
- 1 can of organic chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 - 3/4 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Add your chickpeas, garlic, oil and lemon to your food processor.
- Blend until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Add chili flakes.
- Add your salt to taste and extra lemon if needed.
- Mix through some plain yoghurt to give it an extra kick of flavour