I always need to start the day with a good breakfast, otherwise I might as well not get out of bed and that’s not me. Haha! My hubby on the other hand can go to work without breakfast. I don’t know how he functions. He is not a fan of porridge and would always make funny faces – I think as a kid he thought of porridge as a bowl of oats that was plain and boring.
I started to make porridge look a bit more interesting and added more flavours and colour and now he is a HUGE fan. That’s a huge success for me to get hubby to eat a bowl of porridge!!
Oat are also very high in fibre, which means it will also keep you full for longer. It is a great daily meal to keep your cholesterol levels on track and full of vitamins and minerals to support a healthy body. I love my oats!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add oats and milk to saucepan over medium heat.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until porridge thickens.
- While the porridge is cooking, take your raspberries and place in your food processor until it is smooth. Set this aside.
- When cooked take off stove and let cool for a minute or two.
- Mix in cinnamon, chia seeds and honey.
- You can either mix all the raspberry mix throughout the porridge or take a few spoonfuls and mix then add to the top of the porridge
- Add blueberries for extra colour and antioxidants